13 December 2012

Up and Close with Peter Schmeichel

I'm back... AGAIN... I just realized the last post I made was way back in March and the one before that close to 2 years now. Thinking why I started in the first place. Anyways, after meeting with fellow blogger BananaQ8, I thought it's time I get back to blogging. Let's just say, at least for now....

Two days back, there was an event organized by Alghanim Automotive at the Classic Cars Museum where fans get to meet  the legendary Man Utd goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel. He was in Kuwait part of the Manchester United Legends Tour. Being a die-hard MAN U fan myself, I was pretty pumped up when I came to know that I got the chance to meet him and somehow made sure I didn't miss it. 

Well, for those of you who don't know Peter Schmeichel, he was the goalkeeper of Man Utd and their captain who helped them complete THE TREBLE in 1999 and was voted The World's Best Goalkeeper for two successive years in '92 and '93. You can get more info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schmeichel 

He's apparently a big fan of vintage cars and I guess that's the main reason this event took place there. Speaking of the venue, its a museum for heritage cars (yeah i know the name tells it; didn't find anything else). Frankly, am not car freak at all and for the same reason I don't have much to say about the place. But you should fancy a visit if you are fond of cars. Once thing I noticed was the Aston Martin DB4 and even the Aston Martin DBS  that was showcased at 360 Mall if am right -- they have those now at the museum. Around 10-12  Vintage cars were formed as a semi-circle around the stage with the DJ playing out the club anthem along with popular Manchester Club songs. After a small tour of the museum, we got the chance to meet and click a snap with him.
 

 




The most funniest (at least for me or should I say most of them) part of this event was when a guy wearing a Barca shirt went to meet and click a snap with Peter he was like WTF (in a good way tho)??. It was hilarious, even for Schmeichel. I bet he was little embarrassed or pissed as his face showed the same (actually just right after this picture) and didn't see him long after that. BananaQ8 managed to get this pi and I've shared it below for your viewing.


Ohhh you Barca Fan... You made your point... Now get the hell out...  
Overall the event was well organized and hope to see more RED DEVILS coming over here...




Thanks to BananaQ8 for making this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment